Friday, September 21, 2012

EMBRACING THE CROSS

"WHOEVER WISHES TO COME AFTER ME MUST DENY HIMSELF, TAKE UP HIS CROSS, AND FOLLOW ME."  (Matthew 16:  24)

Praise the Lord, my cross is not as heavy as that of Jesus.  Insults, mistreatments, harsh persecutions, misfortunes that seem insuperable, sickness, poverty, afflictions, oppressions, inconvenience, my own weaknesses  are nothing compared to the sufferings  of Jesus Christ.  My only solution to these is to follow the example of Jesus:  to endure wrong and insult with all patience  as He endured them in the judgment -hall; to be meek and humble in all my trials as He endured them before His judges; to love my enemies even as He loved His murderers and prayed for them upon the cross; to glorify God and do good to my neighbors even as He did in every mystery of His suffering.

Our sure solution to all our sufferings:  is to practice the virtues of patience, humility, meekness, and submission to the Father's will as Jesus said in His agony in the garden:  "My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; yet, not as I will, but as You will."  (Matthew 26:  39).  Withdrawing a second time, He prayed again,  "My Father, if it is not possible that this cup pass without My drinking
it,Your will be done!"  (Matthew26:  42).

Reflection:  When accused falsely, do you keep calm and bear it patiently?

May all sinner follow Jesus Christ as the Blessed Virgin Mary followed Him all the way of the cross,
and may our Most Sorrowful Mother obtain for us the grace to hate sin even as He hated it in the agony in the garden; and, obtain for us some portion of Her compassion that for the love of Jesus we
may obtain eternal life in Heaven blessing the Father, Son and Holy Spirit forever and ever.  Amen.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment