Saturday, October 6, 2012

EXTENDING CHRIST'S MISSION: SAVING SOULS




THEOTOKOS
May each one be, like Mary, allow Jesus Christ to stay in ones heart.
 
MY JESUS, MY LOVE, STAY ALWAYS IN MY HEART.
 
Let us contemplate on the second Joyful Mystery:
 
THE VISITATION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY TO HER COUSIN ELIZABETH
 
Luke 1: 39-45
 
O Mary, You were so eager to extend Christ's mission even right after Jesus' Incarnation into 
Your Virginal womb.  You braved the long and tiresome journey to visit Your cousin Elizabeth
to help her and at Your greeting, Jesus, in Your womb blessed John in Elizabeths' womb which made him leap for joy and Elizabeth exclaimed, " Most blessed are You among women, and blessed is the fruit of Your womb.  And how does this happen to me, that the Mother of my Lord should come to me?  For at the moment the sound of Your greeting reached my ears, the infant in my womb leaped for joy.  Blessed are You who believed that what was spoken to You by the Lord will be fulfilled."
 
Let us pray the ROSARY OF VIRTUES
NIHIL OBSTAT:  Msgr. Josefino S. Ramirez
Vicar General
Archdiocese of Manila
 
Imprimatur:  Jaime Cardinal Sin, DD
Archbishop of Manila
 
THE VISITATION:  (We use the Magnificat of Mary for the meditation of the Virtues)
 
1.  We pray for the virtue of HUMILITY
O Mary, You said:  "Because He has regarded the lowliness of His handmaid."
HAIL MARY...
 
2.  We pray for the virtue of FAITH
O Mary,You said:  "My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior.
HAIL MARY...
 
3.  We pray for the virtue of OBEDIENCE
O Mary, You said:  "And His mercy is from age to age on those who fear Him."
HAIL MARY... 
 
4.  We pray for CONTINUOUS MENTAL PRAYER
O Mary, You said:  " Because He who is mighty has done great things for me and holy is His name."
O Mary, You  are  constantly aware of the greatness and holiness of God which is found in constant
prayer.
HAIL MARY...
 
5.  We pray for the virtue of MORTIFICATION
O Mary, You said:  "He has filled the hungry with good things and the rich sent empty away.
The more we give up of ourselves to mortifications, the more God fills us.
HAIL MARY...
 
6.  We pray for the virtue of CHARITY
O Mary, You said:  "He has given help to Israel , His servant, mindful of His mercy."
HAIL MARY...
 
7.  We pray for the virtue of PATIENCE
O Mary, You said:  "For behold, henceforth, all generations shall call me blessed."
O Mary, You believe that the Father gave us all things through all time, and You wait for this time.
HAIL MARY...
 
8.  We pray for the virtue of SWEETNESS
O Mary, You said:  "My soul magnifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my savior."
HAIL MARY...
 
9.  We pray for the virtue of WISDOM
O Mary, You said:  "He has put down the mighty from their thrones and exalted the lowly.
HAIL MARY...
 
10.  We pray for the virtue of PURITY
O Mary, You said:  "For behold, all generation shall call me blessed."
HAIL MARY...
GLORY BE...
O My Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell.  Lead all souls to heaven especially those who most need Your mercy.
O my God, I believe, I adore, I hope, I trust and I love Thee.  I beg pardon for those who do not believe, do not adore, do not hope, do not trust, and do not love Thee.
Most Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us now, and at the hour of our death.  Amen.
 
HAIL HOLY QUEEN...
 
REFLECTION
 
To extend Christ's mission with Mary, it is best to practice Mary's virtues, by so doing, we can save many souls including our own.  We can extend our help to all our family members, officemates, fellow workers, neighbors , friends; and, foes -at home in the church, in our workplace and wherever we are.
 
Most Merciful and Loving Father, thank You for sending us Your only Son, Jesus Christ, to save us
thank You for Mama Mary who brings Christ to us and we, poor sinners, back to him.  Grant us the grace to hate sin; and, practice the virtues which Mary practiced so that we can save many souls and eventually save our own souls in Jesus' name.  Amen.
 
 
 
 
  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment