Sunday, October 28, 2012

PREPARING FOR A HAPPY ENDING

How would you like your life to end?

Surely, everyone would like a happy ending.

To this effect, I 'd rather consider the four Keys to Heaven:  (Ref. Pieta Prayer Booklet  p.44)
  • Mass
  • Rosary
  • Scapular
  • Way of the cross


THE INSTITUTION OF THE HOLY EUCHARIST

The First Key to Heaven:  The Holy Mass

Being grateful to God for all He has done for us to save us from sin,
by going  to Mass frequently or everyday.

During the Holy Mass, we should remain silent and composed,
listen to the prayers of the celebrant,
listen to the readings and the Gospels attentively,
 
listen to the homily so that we can practice in our daily life
the teachings of Christ.
It is best for us to participate in the singing
and respond properly in the Psalm and dialog part.

It is good that this new Response Guide is used in our Catholic Churches.
Copies are available at St. Paul's Bookstore.




The second Key To Heaven:  The Holy Rosary of the Blessed
Virgin Mary
 



 Praying the ROSARY is
being grateful to the Blessed Virgin Mary
who brought Jesus to us by
Her "Fiat"-
her "Yes" to God's Will.
She became the "New Ark"-
A living tabernacle for the newly manifested Presence of God.
Her Divine Maternity
being the Mother of the Son of God
makes her a very POWERFUL
INTERCESSOR for all poor sinners
before Jesus.

The third Key to Heaven:  The Brown Scapular 



By wearing the BROWN SCAPULAR
we are reminded of our love for the Blessed Mother of God
and her love for us
 which would keep us from commiting sin
thus, keeping our soul holy, and our hearts pure.

"By Thy pure and Immaculate Concepcion, O Mary,
make our body pure and my soul holy."

The fourth Key to Heaven:  The Way of the Cross




THE WAY OF THE CROSS

Promises of  Our Lord to those who have devotion to The Way of the Cross
given to a Privileged Soul, Brother Estanislao (1903-1927)
Reference:  Pieta Prayer Booklet pp. 44-45


1.  I'll grant everything that's asked of Me with faith, when making The Way of the Cross.

2.  I promise Eternal Life to those who pray from time to time, The Way of the Cross.

3. I'll follow them everywhere in life and I'll help them, especially at the hour of death.

4.  Even if they have more sins than blades of grass in the fields, and grains of sand in the sea,
all of them will be erased by The Way of the Cross.  (Note:  This promise
doesn't eliminate the obligation to confess all mortal sins, and this,
before we can receive Holy Communion).

5.  Those who pray The Way of the Cross often, will have a special glory in heaven.

6.  I'll deliver them from Purgatory, indeed if they go there at all, the first Tuesday or Friday
after their death.

7.  I'll bless them at each Way of the Cross, and My blessing will follow them everywhere
on earth and, after their death, in Heaven for all eternity.

8.  At the hour of death I won't permit the devil to tempt them;  I'll lift all power from him
in order that they'll repose tranquilly in My arms.

9.  If they pray it with true love, I'll make of each one of them a living Ciborium in which it will
please Me to pour My grace.

10.  I'll fix My eyes on those who pray The Way of the Cross often; My hands will always
 be open to protect them.

11.  As I am nailed to the Cross, so also will I always be with those who honor Me
in making The Way of the Cross frequently.

12.  They'll never be able to separate themselves from Me,
for I'll give them the grace
never again to commit a mortal sin.

13.  At the hour of death, I'll console them with My Presence
and we'll go together to Heaven.
Death will be sweet to all those who have honored Me during their lives
by praying The Way of the Cross.

14.  My Soul will be a protective shield for them, and
will always help them, whenever they have recourse.

In this connection, I invite you to read these books:
 The Hours of Our Lord Jesus Christ by Luisa Picarreta; and,

The Treasure of the Holy Face of Jesus
Nihil Obstat
Ecclesiastical Approbation
Montreal, Canada
July 5, 1993

Try to see if they are still in this address:
HOLY FACE ASSOCIATION
P.O. Box 1000, Station A, Montreal, Que. Canada  H3C 2W9






Death is inevitable
but nobody knows when
that's why
we should be prepared before it happens.

I envy the people who died a holy death like Blessed Mother Teresa of Calcutta.


To prepare properly for a happy ending,
it is wise for us to immerse ourselves in the ocean of His mercy.

Let us always remember the ABC's of MERCY:

A  -  ASK for His Mercy.  God wants us to approach Him in prayer constantly,
repenting of our sins and asking Him to pour His mercy out upon us
and upon the whole world.

B  -  Be mercful to others  He wants us to extend love and forgiveness to others
just as He does to us.

C - Complete Trust in Jesus.  God wants us to know that the graces of His
mercy are dependent upon our trust.  The more we trust
in Jesus, the more we will receive.


Ask for His Mercy

"Ask and it will be given to you... for everyone who asks receives." (Mt. 7:7, 8).

Our Lord to Faustina said:  "Souls that make an appeal to My mercy delight Me.
to such souls I grant even more graces than they ask.  I cannot punish even
 the greatest sinner if he makes an appeal to My compassion.(Diary 1146).
  Beg for mercy for the whole world (570).
No soul that has called upon My mercy has ever been disappointed" (1541).

Be Merciful to Others

"I give a new commandment... As I have loved you, so you must love
one another" (Jn 13:34).

"Be merciful, even as your Father is merciful" (Lk 6:36).

"Give and gifts will be given to you; a good measure, packed together, shaken down,
and overflowing, will be poured into your lap.  For the measure with
which you measure will in return be measured out to you" (Lk 6:38).

"If you forgive others their transgressions, your heavenly Father will forgive you.
But if you do not forgive others, neither will your Father forgive
your transgressions" (Mt. 6:14-15).

"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall be shown mercy" (Mt 5:7).

"Then the king will say to those on His right,  'Come,
you who are blessed by My Father.  Inherit the kingdom prepared for you
from the foundation of the world.  For I was hungry and you gave Me food,
I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink, a stranger and you welcomed Me.naked and
you clothed Me, ill and you cared for Me, in prison and you visited Me. (Mt 25:34-36).

Our Lord to Faustina:  "I demand from you deeds of mercy which are to arise out of love for Me.
You are to show mercy to your neighbors always and everywhere.
You must not shrink from this or try to excuse yourself from it...
Even the strongest faith is of no avail without works" (Diary, 742).

"If a soul does not excercise mercy in some way,
it will not obtain My mercy on the day of judgment" (1317).

Complete Trust in Jesus

Our Lord to Faustina:  "I have opened My Heart
as a living fountain of mercy.  Let all souls draw life from it. 
Let them approach this sea of mercy with great trust (Diary, 1520).
On the cross, the fountain of My mercy was opened wide by a lance for all souls--
no one have I excluded! (1182).
I am offering people a vessel with which they are to keep coming for graces to the fountain
of mercy.  That vessel is this image with the signature:  "Jesus, I trust in You." (327).
 The graces of My mercy are drawn by means of one vessel only,
and that is--trust.  The more a soul trusts, the more it will receive (1578).
I never reject a contrite heart (1485).
Sooner would heaven and earth turn into nothingness than would My mercy not
embrace a trusting soul (1777).
I am Love and Mercy itself.  When a soul approaches Me with trust, I fill it
with such an abundance of graces that it cannot contain them within itself,
but radiates them to other souls" (1074).

A Special Promise of Mercy

Our Lord to Faustina:  "I want to grant a complete pardon to the souls
that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion on the Feast of My mercy (1109).
Whoever approaches the Fountain of life on this day will be granted
complete forgiveness of sins and punishments (300).
The soul that will go to confession and receive Holy Communion
will obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment" (699).




How I wish all priests, like St. Padre Pio, would aid us to make
a good confession.

We need to make a good confession in order that we will be prepared
for a holy death:  telling the truth, (from the most shameful
to the least without hiding anything from the confessor).

We should go to confession as much as possible frequently
as soon as a big sin is committed being truly sorry
for it and with a firm purpose of amendment
never to commit the same fault again
so that we can receive  holy
communion worthily.

Upon lining up to receive Holy Communion, I pray:
"  Eternal Father, I offer this mass and communion for the intentions of
the Most Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary,
in reparation for sins,
for the conversion of sinners, and for the poor souls in prugatory."

After receiving Holy Communion, it is best to pray:

The Anima Christi
(A prayer heartily sung is praying twice)

Soul of Christ, sanctify me
Body of Christ, save me
Water from the side of Christ, wash me
Passion of Christ, give me strength.

//Hear me Jesus, hide me in Thy wounds
That I may never leave Thy side
From all the evils that surround me, defend me
And when the call of death arrives,
Bid me come to Thee,
That I may praise Thee with Thy saints forever.//2X

Prayer Before a Crucifix

Look down upon me, Good and Gentle Jesus,
while before Your Face I humbly kneel
and humbly pray and beseech Thee,
To fix deep in my heart
Lively sentiments of faith, hope and charity,
True contrition for my sins,
and a firm purpose of amendment,
While I ponder in my heart
With great love and tender pity,
Thy Five Wounds,
and calling to mind the words of David,
Thy prophet said of Thee,
"They have pierced My Hands and My Feet,
they have numbered all My Bones."
Our Father (1),  Hail Mary (1),  Glory be...(1)  Credo  (for the Holy Father and His Intentions).

Devotion to the Passion of Jesus is very important for us who wants to follow Jesus
to the very end of our lives.

"If anyone wishes to come after Me, let him take up his cross daily." (Lk 9:23)

REFLECTION

On the Judgment day, do you want to hear Jesus say to you:
"Come, take possession of the kingdom prepared for you." (Mt 25:34)

If so click the following links for more information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4SuqG6Jz8M&list=LPLzKlotGYTbM&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7uPLx8PM8c

For more information please read my other blogs:  Focusing on Jesus with Mary
dionisia1.blogspot.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28521118@N04/4138257236/

http://copiosa.org/miracles/incorruptible.htm

























 



No comments:

Post a Comment